Monday, September 13, 2010

Title? Why is a title required?

I heard that blogging was enjoyable. I always thought it was more like a status update that was too long, or something of that sort. Or blogging about your political views, or how to save the world, or something of a less grandeur nature. I certainly never imagined that I'd attempt to convey my thoughts on a computer screen for the world to see. Perhaps I could pick a topic each week, or simply rant and rave and pretend that you, my reader, actually care. As much as I hate to burst your little bubble, I have not written this for your benefit. I wrote it for my own. Everyone knows that females multitask, and I am worse than most. However, when I write, my brain quiets down, and things become still, and nothing matters but how to spell the word, and how to ensure my fingers don't fall off from typing too much. Given the past 5 years, and all the drama therein, it's a mercy I haven't lost my mind. We'll assume providence takes all of the credit.

In case you haven't noticed already, I tend towards humor to express myself. I like irony and sarcasm. I despise thinking of a witty comeback at 3 am when I should be asleep (kind of like now). Bon nuit!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I'd like to think that I inspired you to write in your blog again! (Maybe it's a conincidence, but you don't have to burst my bubble. I'd rather live in delusional ignorance.) Anyway, the great thing about a blog is that it's a great outlet- for journaling, poems, ranting, whatever you feel like! It also feels a lot more personal to me than facebook. I like your idea of picking a different topic each week- you could have a lot of fun with that!