Saturday, November 14, 2009

Writing

I once wrote to release the pain
from a thousand thoughts beating the brain
that God gave me to use to figure out
just what I'm supposed to do.

Then one day, it got so bad, I
didn't want to know what I
was going through. Blindly
moving through time.

Each new day thoughts cross
my mind and I wonder if they
mean anything at all. Knowing
how to live ain't easy. Not knowing should be a crime.

So now when my life is turning around again,
I hope to use this medium.
I don't expect you to know what I say
just know that where it comes from is real

I don't want for you to know
the pain that I've gone through.
I just want you to know, how much
more you can put me through.

Step aside, stand aside,
don't make me blind.
I know my own mind, I don't need you now.
You have no hold over me.

No comments: